Thursday, June 28, 2018

Bossa

A Week in the Life: Day Four

After a late night last night, waking up to my alarm at 1:00 was a little difficult! I eventually got up and made my way to Play d'en Bossa, which is on the other side of the island. No matter if you're rich or poor, there's a place for everyone in Ibiza. While San Antonio appeals to the young budget traveler, Bossa is for those with a little more cash. The area is home to some of the most popular clubs on the island, including Ushuaia and Hi*. 






*side note: Hi, used to be home to SPACE, the best club in the world. I'm still not over it. Let's continue...

 For several years now different people from 24-7 Ibiza have been praying about how we can best serve the community of Playa d'en Bossa. This season a group of people have been meeting every week to prayer walk through the area. Everything we do here is fueled by prayer. In prayer we're asking God to show us the way. I believe God already has a plan. In prayer we wait and listen for God to reveal that to us! 

A lovely girl named Ellie has committed 6 weeks of her summer to come to the island specifically to pray for Bossa. I'll be spending some of my time praying with her, and I must say I'm a bit excited. 

While we were prayer walking today I had this verse in my head.

Matthew 5:13-16 (MSG)
 “Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You’ve lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage. “Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."

 I must say I love the message version of this section of scripture.  This was my prayer as I walked today. That we would be salt and light in this place in whatever way God leads us to do that. 

No comments: