What is Poppy Doing in Ibiza?!
The goal of this page is to give you a clear picture of what my work on the island of Ibiza is all about. Also check out the My Ibiza Journey post!
In Spain, I work with a great ministry called 24-7 Ibiza.
One of the most popular areas of the island is the West End of San Antonio. Mostly popular with 18-30 year olds, this is where 24-7 Ibiza has chosen to make its home. The area is full of bars, strip clubs, and fast food restaurants.
At night Ibiza can be a wild and dangerous place. The party rages on 24 hours a day, and many people come to the island to experience it all. That includes excessive alcohol consumption, drugs, and prostitution. 24-7 Ibiza does the majority of its work between 11pm – 6am out on the streets of this crazy beautiful place.
The goal, through prayer and mission, is to care for the Physical, Emotional and Spiritual needs of the people that we meet. We do this by…
• Offering to pray with people
• Helping vulnerable people – drunk, drugged, injured or alone, to a safe place
• Sharing our faith and stories of God with those who will listen
• Building GENUINE relationships with workers and prostitutes
• Taking someone who’s been injured to the medical center
• Asking God to lead us to specific people he wants us to talk to and to give us the words He wants them to hear
24-7 Ibiza also has a center that’s right smack in the middle of all the madness of the West End.
During the week Monday through Friday our center is open from 4:00 to 8:00 for workers. We offer them free Internet, free massages (for the ladies), and it’s basically a place for them to chill. During those times in the center the goal is to fulfill a bit of their practical needs while also getting the chance to chat and get to know them.
The goal is to show people God's love when the least expect it!
24-7 Ibiza is a group of Christians who really believe that Prayer and Mission is going to change the Island of Ibiza!