Monday, July 7, 2014

Let the Countdown Begin...

As I sit here typing, I have less than two weeks before I'll be leaving Ibiza. My 90 days is almost up, which means soon I'll be back in Las Vegas. In honor of the short amount of time I have left I've decided to blog everyday before I leave!

Today we welcomed a new short-term missions team. These teams come in for two weeks and just jump right into the work with us!


Today they sat through an orientation and then I got to lead their first prayer walk on the island. During their three week stay, the teams do 3 different prayer walks. Today's walk was around San Antonio. I love leading this particular prayer walk because when I came to Ibiza for the first time in 2009, that prayer walk is one of the things I loved most about my time on the island. 

After the prayer walk, I headed back to the apartment I share with 5 other members of the long term team. Tonight was my night to cook dinner!

Tonight I have a night off, so I'm at home catching up on my bible reading (we read 30 chapters a week together as a long-term team) and thinking about watching a movie!  

One other exciting bit of news from today. I ordered my copy of "Gatecrashing" by Brian Heasley. 


Brian along with his wife Tracy used to lead the work here in Ibiza. And now Brian's written a book about his time on the island! Can't wait to read it! 


See ya tomorrow! 


No comments: