Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Just Call me Beyoncé

When I woke up this morning, I knew it was going to be a long one. Here's a peek at today's schedule:

1:00 pm - Wake- Up
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Meeting
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm - 24/7 Center
8:00 pm -10:00 pm - Team BBQ
11:30 pm - 5:00 am - Streets  

I woke up, had an amazing prayer time with God, and jumped right into the madness! The center was busy yet full of space to have great chats with some of the workers.


We added a few prayers to the prayer wall which is getting more and more full!


Last week we actually ran out of bibles (a good problem to have!) Today we got a few replacement boxes in.


Once the center was done, we headed over to Abby and Charlie's apartment for a BBQ. Good food, and a great chance to get to know the new short-term team who will be here for 2 weeks.



I got a little break before the streets (just enough time to change into my t-shirt!) and then it was time to head out. At nighttime our rhythm means that 1/2 of us are in the prayer room praying while the other half are out on the streets. Then each hour we swap. I was in the prayer room for the first hour and it was so good! I love it when everyone in the room focuses in and we begin to pray that God would bless Ibiza and the people in it.  My first hour out, I went on the streets with Steve and we had a great hour . We walked down by the water past many of the workers we see each night. One worker in particular is a little extra special, because every night he sees me he calls me Beyonce, which of course makes him my best friend ever! If my self confidence ever needs a boost, I can always count on him to give it!

Steve and I ended up finding a guy named Paul who was in a vulnerable position. He was very drunk and on his own. We sat with him and chatted for a bit, trying to offer our assistance. Left alone Paul would have been  prime pickings for thieves or worse.  After about 30 minutes with him we swapped out with Ruth and Mark (who managed to eventually re-unite Paul with his friends)

I think the highlight of my evening was meeting Stephanie. We found her with the medical staff waiting for her sleeping friend to sober up. While we waited we got into a great conversation. She asked me why I did the work I do in Ibiza. This is really one of the most popular questions we get asked. I explained to her that I wanted to show God's kindness to people, and then she told me that she used to be a Christian. We had an interesting little chat after that, and in the end I got to pray for her. Later Charlie and I were able to get her and her friend back to their hotel and in bed safely. It was a good night.

Now it's 6 am and I am going to bed...until tomorrow!

I'm still raising money to cover my expenses for the summer. If you'd like to donate Click Here 

No comments: