Thursday, May 1, 2014

Here We Go!


It's May 1st which means opening day for us here at 24-7 Ibiza. Today our worker's center opens, and tonight will be out first night out on the streets for the season.

Today I was reading in John, when this verse caught my eye:

"So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was FULL of UNFAILING LOVE and FAITHFULNESS. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son." (John 1:14)

The word full really stuck out to me as I was reading, and it excites me that it's there. Jesus didn't just come with a little unfailing love...no he was full of it! The bible is full of verses that document God's unfailing love towards us, and in 1 John 4:8 we learn that "God is Love".

As I sat and thought about the fact that God came equipped with a vast amount of love for us, it made me realize that if God truly is love, then everything he does he does out of LOVE. I want to strive to do that as well. I want to be full of God's unfailing love, and in all that I do I want to reflect that to people. Not only this summer, but throughout every area of my life.

I'll be praying that God reminds me of that verse when it's 4am and I'm sitting with someone in the west end who's too drunk to tell me what hotel their staying at. And when I get to give out bibles, or pray for people this season, Let it all be done in LOVE!




No comments: