Friday, March 21, 2014

Thankfulness and Anticipation


Psalm 105:1 says:
"Give Thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done."

This week I've been thinking about thankfulness a lot. When I look at my journey back to Ibiza it's becoming clearer that God is orchestrating every step. Not only did an anonymous donor donate a large chunk of my expenses for this summer, but I also got offered a temp job at the beginning of this month. So I've been working and saving. My temp job ends the day before I fly to Ibiza...perfect timing!

Thinking about how I got the money for this trip reminds me a lot of my first trip to Ibiza. I remember having this overwhelming sense that I was supposed to go, and also the overwhelming sense of dread because I didn't have the money! Through some crazy circumstances God gave me the money I needed for the trip. This week it almost feels like God is giving me a little nudge to REMEMBER the way he's provided in the past.

As I remember I'm filled with thankfulness, and also a real sense of anticipation. God provided a way for me to go back to Ibiza this summer. Knowing that fills me with a real sense of purpose. I can't wait to see exactly what God has for me this summer. I think that will include some personal growth and also multiple ways for me to be a reflection of him to the people I meet on the White Isle.

I can't wait!



No comments: