Saturday, May 19, 2012

Heal My Heart

2012-05-18_1911

I don’t know what it is about being here in Ibiza that makes me feel so introspective. There are times when I feel on the edge of battle…like I’m on the front lines, which has me taking a closer look at myself. Going to war does that. When I think of a solider going to battle, I think of someone who’s taken the time to get their affairs in order. Being here makes me feel like that. Like I want to sort out my stuff, so I can focus on being a better soldier. When you’re worried about all the other stuff, letting that cloud your mind, you lose focus, which causes you to get distracted on the battlefield.

Being here seems to bring to the surface a lot of stuff for me. Even tonight in the prayer room we were singing the song “Hosanna”…there’s a line in the song that says

Heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like you have loved me.…”

I just started praying that God would do that in us as 24-7 Ibiza. That God would heal our hearts, allowing us to serve him and this community even better.

When I’m here, I feel that call to healing…that call to let God touch the deepest parts of me. It’s not always easy! There are times when I’m overwhelmed by my own weakness and brokenness. When I see how far I need to go, and it just seems impossible. But then I’m reminded that God can do the impossible! I want God to heal the deepest darkest parts of me. Make me new God so I can serve you better!

No comments: