Friday, May 18, 2012

First Bible of the Season…

ibizabibles
It was an interesting night out on the streets on Thursday night…
When we go out into the west end, we go in pairs. On Thursday night, I was out with Kez, and as we were walking these two guys suddenly approached us. One of them starts talking to me, telling me that he remembers me from a couple of summers ago. The best part is that when we first met in the summer of 2010, I gave him a bible!
Ibiza bibles2
When we give out bibles on the street, we try to highlight a specific scripture for that person. I’d done that for him, and as it turns out, it had meant a lot to him. Tonight he asked me for another bible. This was the scripture that I highlighted for him this time…
“This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again.” (John 3:16-18 MSG)
Getting to see him again, and have a chat was really the highlight of my evening. It reminded me that God is in every interaction I have when I’m out in the streets. You just never know what God is going to do with that seed that’s been planted.
I’m praying that I’ll get to see him loads more this season, and that I’ll get even more opportunities to share the LOVE of God with him!

No comments: