Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mountains in the Distance...


Today marks 10 days until I leave for Ibiza!

Going back stirs up two feelings for me...Excitement and Fear. I'm excited because Ibiza really does feel like my home, and I can't wait to be back there working with 24-7. The fear comes from the unknown things that lie ahead for my Ibiza journey. My goal is still to go to Ibiza full time, but as I stand on the road and look down at the mountains in my way, I'm just not sure how that will ever happen.

Lately I feel God reminding me to keep my focus on today, and to let tomorrow worry about itself! I read this fantastic bit in the "Jesus Calling" devotional:
"You see huge mountains looming, and you start wondering how you're going to scale those heights. Meanwhile because you're not looking where you're going, you stumble on the easy path where I am leading you now...But you don't know what will happen today. much less tomorrow. Our path may take and abrupt turn, leading you away from those mountains. There may be an easier way up the mountain than is visible from this distance... If I do lead you up the cliffs, I will equip you thoroughly for the climb."
It's funny because I read this back in February and wrote about it in my journal, but today I felt God remind me to keep my focus on where my feet are today.

I get so passionate about Ibiza, because there's a fire inside me that just burns for that place! I really believe God planted that love for Ibiza in me, and one day it will be my home. But today I'm reminded to not let the mountains get in my way this summer. I'm going for 3 months and not for good like I would prefer.  But if I keep my focus on what God wants to do in those 3 months, I really do think amazing things can happen.

Why worry about those mountains that are looming in the distance, when the God I serve, who is ALL POWERFUL, could tomorrow decide to level them at my feet!

"He moves mountains before they know what’s happened, flips them on their heads on a whim." - Job 9:5 (The Message)

No comments: