Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ready for Your...


I like all kinds of music. The other day I was in the car on the way to work listening to "Ready for your Love" by Gorgon City. As I was driving I zeroed in on the lyrics, and it seriously felt like my heart was singing them!

I'm ready for the start of something new
I'm ready to depart from what made me blue
I'm ready for my heart to let you through
But most of all, most of all...

I'm ready for the rain to pour down on me
I'm ready for a change to come and set me free
I'm ready for my loss to become victory
But most of all, most of all...

I'm ready for your LOVE
I'm ready for your LOVE
I'm ready for your LOVE

And that's just the first verse! If you've been reading this blog, you know how EXCITED I am about heading to Ibiza this summer. I've been thinking a lot about LOVE. Not only about sharing God's LOVE with the people around me, but also about receiving it. I think when we open ourselves to receive God's LOVE in our own lives, it makes us better at actually loving other people.

Let's be honest. It can be hard to accept that LOVE at times. Mostly because our little human minds can't begin to grasp why God would care about us. We look at our own lives and hearts, and we see how often we've failed to do what's right, and we wonder why God doesn't just disown us!

The amazing thing is that even through our failings God shows us great LOVE.

My prayer is that my heart would be open to receive in full all the LOVE that God has for me, so I can turn around and lavish it on everyone I meet...

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39 (NLT)

No comments: