Monday, April 30, 2012

Let’s Get it Started…

Arriving last week, I kind of jumped right into the middle of things!
During the summer season, we have several short term missions teams that join us in the work we do here in Ibiza. The very first team of the season is the Prayer Team. They come to the island just as it’s waking up. A lot of the bars in the West End are taking down their shutters, cleaning, and stocking up for the summer. This seasons prayer team arrived on Monday, so when I got in on Tuesday, they were already in full swing. They do prayer walks, and several different sessions where they learn about the work we do here, and how they can pray for it...And of course, they pray! 
They also help us in practical ways, like helping us get the center cleaned and ready to be opened. One of the tasks they undertook was removing all of the prayer request that were prayed for last season from the prayer wall. We keep each one of them, but need to make room for the request that will fill the wall this year…

423409_10150571459960887_517095886_9500228_1266588579_n  IMG_0514[1]

The prayer team is near and dear to my heart, because the first time I came to Ibiza to work with 24-7, it was on the prayer team. I remember discovering this place through praying for it.
I think the team not only brings the power of its prayers, but it also brings a sense of focus. I’ve been so wrapped up in the details of trying to get to Ibiza, it was good to be reminded why I’m here…
Soon the streets of the West End will be full of people…
Hurting and Broken people…
People who need to know and experience the unfailing love that God has for them.
My goal is to live it among them, and share it with them…
Let’s Go!

No comments: