Monday, September 10, 2018

God Knows the Tea


So, if you're alive and paying attention to the news or pop culture, you know that people are always hungry for the tea.



The past few weeks have been full of news about celebrities fighting, and YouTube beauty guru drama. People have been spilling tea all over the place.



Now I'm sure some of you are wondering what the heck I'm talking about. Who are these people that can't keep hold of their tea cups! Urban Dictionary defines "Spilling the Tea" as telling the details of something especially scandalous. The tea is the gossip. For some of us, the "Tea" about our lives is the stuff we don't want people to know.

 But we can't hide anything from God. Truth is no "Tea" can hide from him!

Side Note: At this point I'm wondering how long it would take me to translate my own version of the bible using urban dictionary...(hmmmmm)

One of the things we pray a lot in the prayer room is that God would help us to get straight to people's hearts when we chat with them out on the streets. I can't tell you how many conversations I've had in the west end that start with hello, and then withing a few minutes someone is spilling our there life story to me. Mistakes, flaws and all. I love it, not because I want to hear the juicy details, but because it gives me the opportunity to speak God's truth into their lives. I get to be a reflection of God's love and forgiveness to them. I get to break that stereotype that says God can't love me because I've done  THIS ---> _____________  (fill in the blank)

Romans 8:1 tells us that there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ.

The truth is God sees all of me. The good, and the broken, and he still loves me. There's no putting on for God. He sees past the mask, straight to the heart of who I am. And he still loves me. Still chooses me.

So, God knows your "Tea" and he still wants relationship with you. That's good news!


No comments: