Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Info About the Trip...

Hello to everyone who's checking out my fundraising blog! Thanks so much for stopping by.

I just wanted to get a little more in depth about the trip, and about why I want to go. If you watch the video in the post below this one, you'll get a pretty good idea of what 24-7 Ibiza does. It's an extremely unique ministry for a unique area of the world. I've been following the 24-7 prayer movement for a few years now. It's a ministry that started in Europe and has spread all over the world. It all started in a prayer room when they decided to see what would happen if they prayed for 24 hours a day for one week. The cool thing is that once they started praying they never stopped. And that was 10 years ago!

For those of you who don't know me well prayer is my passion! I love the fact that no matter where I am, or what time of day it is, I can commune with God. I think there's something so powerful about that! The Missions trip I'm trying to raise money for is actually a prayer trip. The ministry in Ibiza has a team come down in April before the busy season to basically saturate the area in prayer. This team will be preparing the ground for the teams that will come in later during the busy season.

When I read about this missions opportunity, I just started to cry. For those of you who know me well, you know that doesn't happen easily! I think I was just overwhelmed because I knew I wanted to go instantly. I think I probably cried because my first thought was "I won't be able to go because I can't afford it." It was like I instantly counted myself out. But then something inside me just encouraged me to fight, and to not give up. So that's what I'm doing. I have to believe that if God wants me to go on this trip that he will provide the funds. It's been a long time since I've had to really trust God for something so tangible. I either raise the money, or I don't get to go.

If you can give, I would appreciate it very much! I figure if I can find 300 people to donate $10 a piece I would be really close to my goal. Believe me when I say I understand if you can't afford to give. Another way you could support me is through prayer. When you're done reading this post, take a moment to pray that God would provide the funds I'll need to go.

However you choose to support me, either financially or through prayer or both...I thank you!

Don't forget to check back! I'll be updating this blog regularly with my progress.


No comments: